Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Waiting to go home...


Gracelyn struggled a little last night. Something was bothering her. We couldn't tell what it was, but her heart rate starting going up some and she began to get a little fussy. We gave her a little pain medicine and she has been fine ever since.

They came in for labs at 5:30 a.m. They took her down for x-rays at 6:00a.m. (We have pictures of them I will post later.) The cardiologists made their rounds at 7:30a.m. and told us she looked great and that she was good to go home. Yeah! They were amazed at how well she is doing. They originally told us we could leave yesterday, but it seemed way too soon. They kept her around to keep an eye on her and we bored them. :) We love being boring! She has not even been out of surgery for 4 days. Crazy! The NP told us this morning that 4 days is the soonest that they have had Glenns go home. Right now they have one that has been there for 24 days. GO GRACELYN!

They nurse took the rest of her lines out and her bandage off. This pictures doesn't seem to go together to me. A big incision, surrounded by lots of little incisions and one happy girl! I am so proud of her!
We waited around for a bit, but they had us out the door by 10:00a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. You met my mom, Lisa and my Aunt Lori at the greeting desk during the PCMC telethon. You gave my mom your blog address so I could find you! I have a blog for my son www.kalebtheconqueror.blogspot.com also. Man I remember those stitches and bandages. Kaleb still has a scar and will for the rest of his life. I plan on keeping up with your posts and really and looking for someone to talk to that understands what I'm going thru. If you have any ideas of how and where or if you could kind of help me navigate my way thru Intermountain Healing Hearts that would be great. I'm such a newbie at this kind of stuff. I need some help. Even if you can just post a comment back to me every once in a while that would be awesome. sorry this is so informal I don't know how else to come out and say all this but just by coming out and saying it. Let me know how little Gracelyn is doing (love that name!)..... My name is McKell, by the way. You can email me anytime at kellbear01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love your blog page and what it looks like! How did you design it so wonderfully?

    ReplyDelete