Saturday, June 5, 2010

End of day 2...

Either the emotions have finally decided to show up or my heart is extremely full. Everything has made me cry today. This morning I saw a cancer patient... I cried. We walked out to the car and saw the Life Flight helicopter drop a baby off...I cried. Watched the Children's Miracle Network telethon being broadcast...I cried. Walked into the pump room with a new mom who just delivered a sick baby that was taken from her right after delivery and can't hold her baby...I cried. I stare at my beautiful "healthy" baby...I cry.

While we were here with Gracelyn after her first surgery we would see a family everyday that lived by my family in Roy. Their 18 month old grandchild was being watched by his Aunt when he fell off of the table she sent him on. For weeks he laid in the hospital bed with half of his skull taken off and placed in a freezer waiting for him to hopefully recover. When we came back to the hospital I expected to see the family still here. We ran into them tonight. He wasn't laying in the hospital bed, but he was on live TV as part of the telethon sharing his story. He left the hospital 2 weeks after us. He now walks and talks. As we walked away from him I cried my dad assured me that there are happy endings to stories.
Grandpa and Grandma brought Mr. C down to visit. When Mr. C walked in she was sleeping. He began to talk to her and her eyes opened up. She loves him and he truly loves her. Their bond began long ago. My parents took him to the store to pick out a new toy for his sister and then they took him to the Build a Bear store and he built a new bear for her. Usually when you build a bear the last thing you do is kiss a little heart and put it in the bear before it is sewn up. Grandma helped him get a bear for each member of my family, write our names on it and seal it. It is darling! She has a little heart on her chest and has heart clothes. She was staring at it when we left her.
She continues to do well tonight. While my parents were here she even started talking to them. They hope to move her out of the ICU tomorrow. She looks great. We've so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment