Saturday, June 5, 2010

A quiet night...




Gracelyn had a great night (as did Jeff and I. I got the best night sleep that I have had in over 2 months. Maybe I'll start sleeping in the van once we get home. :) ) They are starting to take lines off of her. You can see that the monitor on her forehead was just removed. They plan to take her left chest tube out soon. She is slowly being taken off of the drug that is keeping her asleep. When we went in this morning she was awake and crying. I was able to give her her first bottle and she went back to sleep. Her little face is getting really scratched up. She keeps rubbing her eye with her right hand and the IV is scratching it. Jeff covered it with her blanket and it seems to be helping. Right now she is "comfortably" sleeping wrapped up in her heart blanket from Aunt Camee. Camee wasn't able to fly home and really wanted to be here. She made and sent her this heart blanket to wrap her up in in her place. :) Thanks Aunt Camee we love you and know you would be here if you could.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear recovery is going soo well. She is getting so big!I think of you often :)
    And those family pics of yours are soooooo cute. Just perfect in front of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear all is well! My computer died yesterday UGH So this morning i ran up to my inlaws to check out how she it. Good good! I will check back in the morning, hang in there!
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that all is going well!!! She is so stikin cute I could just eat her up... Our thoughts and prayers are with you..
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete