Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home recovering....

We spent a lot of yesterday just trying to get rest. We are exhausted. After Gracelyn and I woke up from a long nap (my boys were out playing), the first thing I wanted to do was get us cleaned up and not smelling like the hospital. My mom came and took care of her so that I could get showered. It was so nice to be able to have someone else be able to hold her without her crying. She can't be bathed for about 6 weeks, so before I gave her a sponge bath I spent a good half an hour removing all the adhesive from her. She looks and smells much better now.
My dad and Jeff spent the afternoon setting up a playhouse/swing set so that when other kids come over we can send them and Mr. C outside. I felt bad during the winter keeping other kids out and not letting Mr. C have friends over to play. It helps that the weather is nice and we can send them outside, at least for awhile so that she can have a chance to heal without worrying about her getting sick. I am excited for him. I know he will love it.
Once it cooled down I took her out on the porch to enjoy the weather. She has always loved to be outside. Whenever she would get upset I could take her outside and she would calm down. You can tell how content she was by the picture.
I had a hard time sleeping last night. It was hard to sleep without her having the monitors on, warning us if something isn't right. However, she did great. She woke up at 5:00a.m. and let us know she wasn't feeling well. We gave her Tylenol and she slept for a few more hours. I know I keep mentioning it, but I just can't get over her pink cheeks. I love them! I am so happy to have her home! I've not been able to thank anyone individually yet, but want everyone to know how grateful we are for the support we get.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on coming home!! It sounds like she has done so well. That blanket is absolutely breathtaking! It's hard to be home without the monitors. Ellie has an apnea monitor that gives us some relief. She looks absolutely pink!

    Becca-Ellie's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so happy and PINK! I love it!! Here's to a fun filled summer! We'll have to get together, that new splash pad by you looks super fuN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things you said in this post are familiar to me! Before I had Lindi, I hated pink, but the minute she was born, with beautiful PINK cheeks, I was converted forever. Enjoy her pink cheeks while you've got them.

    Not bathing for 6 weeks, no fun. Been there, done that. Sponge baths are "good" but not the same. Do the best you can and hopefully she won't remember anyway!

    I am glad you are home, but do make sure to get some rest. The thing I learned is they don't let you out of the hospital because you are well, they let you out so you can go home and GET well. So, please, all of you take time and get well. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you are home. she is looking soo good! I want to meet her someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete