Thursday, June 10, 2010

A few random things...

Our blog began as a way to keep family and friends informed of Gracelyn and her story as it progresses. It since has become a journal. I have many times considered making it private. Sometimes I want to record things that are just too sacred to me and sometimes I need to record things so that I remember. Right now I have a few things I don't want to forget.

1.Since Gracelyn has come out of surgery she has been reaching up at and starring at everyone that comes near her. Anytime a nurse would walk up to her side she would reach her left hand up to them until they grabbed it. She would hold onto them as long as they would let her. She has been reaching up to us and grabbing our faces as well. There is so much calm and peace in her. It's amazing.

2.When Gracelyn was still in the CICU my parents and Cole bought a bear from the build a bear store. I've already mentioned they put a heart in the bear with each member of my family's name on it. I didn't mention the darling outfit they bought to go with. She has a cute heart shirt and skirt that matches. I wanted to make sure she knew where this darling bear came from.3. My telethon friend, Michelle. On Sunday I mentioned that the telethon was going on while we were at Primary's. Jeff and I and my parents couldn't help but make a donation. The sweet lady that took our donation became a little emotional as I told her my 5 month old was just down the hall from her recovering from open heart. As Nadine Wimmer spoke with her she told about Gracelyn and cried. An hour later we had a knock on the door. It was her. Michelle and her sweet friend decided they needed to volunteer their time to help raise money for the amazing children at Primary's. Thank you for volunteering your time and for finding us Michele.

4. The doctors questioning me about Gracelyn's diet. Several times while at the hospital we were told that Gracelyn didn't look like a normal heart baby. We were told that they usually look unhealthy and weak. One of the NPs even questioned me about her not getting anything else but breast milk. It makes me happy to know she is so healthy despite the problems we've had with her little heart.

5. For her BT shunt she was on the bypass machine for 20 minutes. This time she was on the machine for 72 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment