Sunday, June 6, 2010

I finally got to hold my girl...


Have I ever mentioned that I have a lot to be thankful for? If I haven't let me say it again...WE ARE SO BLESSED!.

Gracelyn had another great night! This morning when we came in we had a completely different baby. SHE IS PINK! She is beautiful and pink. I look at her and just cry. Her skin is warm and pink instead of a cold/clammy pale. Around 9:30 this morning they removed everything. Both of her chest tubes were removed. Her arterial line is gone. The right atrium line that goes right to her heart was taken out. All she has left is her leads, pulse/ox and an IV in her hand in case of an emergency. They tried to take everything out early this morning but she gave them a hard time and got really upset so they stopped. The NP told Jeff she has some attitude. I didn't even have to guess what comment he would say relating to me in return.

She needed an echo this morning and so we were able to her incision. It looks like it is quite a bit longer that the last one, but it looks great.

We have been waiting for the RA line to be taken out to hold her. Now that it is out I had the chance to nurse her and hold her. I was in heaven. While I was holding her some brethren stopped by and blessed and administered the sacrament for us. I am so grateful for that.
I was just told by a second nurse that she is the best Glenn patient/surgery that they have had. She isn't fussing or crying, she just lies there content. They told us that the Glenn patients are notorious for crying and struggling. Wow. I have been blessed with such great kids!

2 comments:

  1. Andee,

    I am so glad that she is getting better. She is so beautiful I love the red lips!! I am so excited for you to be able to nurse her and hold her. I think it is amazing how you get that special bond with nursing. My prayers continue to have you and your family in them. God Bless You!
    Sherrie Justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such wonderful news.... She is so stinking cute.... What a little sweetheart

    ReplyDelete