Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa Visits

Saturday Jeff and I decided we needed to spend some time with Mr. C. Before I had the baby we had been promising him that we would take him to go and see Santa so that he could tell him what he wanted for Christmas. Well Gracelyn beat him to it. Santa came to the NICU to visit the babies there. We showed him the picture and Jeff thought that it was important for us to make sure he saw Santa too. We took him to the mall and couldn't find Santa anywhere. We decided to go to the food court so that we could have lunch together, then found a Christmas train and let him ride around in that, finally we found a sign saying Santa had moved to a new spot. When we got there the gates had closed and Santa wouldn't be back for a few hours. Jeff and I knew we couldn't wait to get a few hours to get back to the hospital. Well, no surprise, but Grandma worked he magic and the next thing you know Mr. C was sitting on Santa's lap. When Santa asked him what he wanted he told him he wanted some Transformers and...a spinning toothbrush. Santa looked at me like, "is he serious?", but that is what he has been asking for. He said something about his baby sister and Santa questioned him, "You want a baby sister?" I explained to him that he had a new one she was just in the hospital sick. Before we left he grabbed my arm and said I have a feeling to tell you all will be well. If I could count the times that has been said to me. I have had countless people tell me that they don't know if they should say it, but that they know all will be okay. We had a great morning together! We both miss our little guy SO much and needed some time just with him.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. My niece had her baby on her due date 12/18, it was a tough delivery and her little girl ended up in NICU but I think she will be ok. I wish there was something we could do to help Grace it is so hard to see little ones suffer. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your family. We love you! Drew & Kathryn

    ReplyDelete