Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lots of contractions and Saturday night scare...

As I mentioned in the previous post, things started to progress after being checked last Wednesday. Thursday was ok, but Friday was really bad. I was having bad contractions and often. I got up early and got ready to head down to the hospital. I was a little hesitant since I really needed to spend the day getting ready for our church Christmas party, which I was over and had 300 coming to Saturday morning. Finally, they slowed down enough that I thought I was ok. I made it through the day and even the night. In fact, I had the best night sleep in a long time. I am used to getting up 4 or 5 times and instead didn't wake up at all. I figured I was exhausted from running around all day. I got up and headed to the church and began to realize that I didn't have any contractions during the night nor had she moved any to keep me awake. She continued that way for hours. During the party I tried to drink orange juice and then sit for a bit to see if I couldn't get her to move. No luck. I head home a few hours later and tried to slow down and see if she wouldn't begin moving. We took a couple hour nap and when we woke up still nothing, no movement, no contractions. I spent the next hour eating junk and pushing her around and finally began to panic. Jeff and I took Mr. C to my parents and headed to the hospital just to be safe. Before we got out of the car Jeff said a prayer that she would continue to be OK and grow strong if it be Heavenly Father's will. Before he ended the prayer I had a little foot kick me in my side. I felt some what relieved. When we got into labor and delivery I was changing and Jeff watched my original mid-wife, Machel, who helped deliver Mr. C and saw me up until they discovered the heart problem, walk into another room. As I was getting situated Jeff told me she was there. I couldn't have been happier! She is the only person I would have wanted there to help figure things out. I asked him to find her. While he was out of the room looking for her the nurse began to put the monitors on my belly. She put it on searching for a heart beat. She searched and searched and searched. The baby has been in the same position for weeks. Since I have the weekly non-stress test done I showed her where she had been and still nothing. The nurse got an awful look on her face and I began to cry. About 30 seconds into searching she looked down...IT WASN'T PLUGGED IN! Seriously...did that really happen? Why would you even unplug those things? I felt so bad for her that I began to laugh so that she would feel better. She found a good strong heart beat, she began moving like crazy and the contractions were back. Machel came in and decided to check me. She looked at me and smiled and said that I was dilated to a 3, effaced to 85% and should have a baby real soon. They sent me home and told us to head to Salt Lake once the contractions became consistent. It is Sunday evening and we are still at home waiting. According to Mr. C, who has been right about everything else, told us 3 days ago that it will be in 4 days. We'll see! My mom helped me put things into perspective when I got to her house and she hugged me and said that we will deal with her sick heart, just as long as we still have her. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that all is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment