Friday, December 4, 2009

December 1, 2009: Perinatologist visit

I went to the doctor this week for my weekly non-stress test to check on the baby. Like the past few weeks she is doing great. Her heart was beating perfect and she wasn't stressing at all. I was having contractions while I was there, also great! We originally set a date of December 16 to deliver her, but have had a change of plans. I don't want to be induced, nor does my doctor want to induce me. So, while my wonderful doctor kept the December 16 date to keep me happy (just in case I have some major change of heart) we also scheduled a date of December 29 for a planned C-section. I anticipate that I will go into labor on my own long before then, but for any reason I don't we will deliver her by way of c-section on the 29th. I am feeling really happy with this plan! The doctor suspects that I will go into labor any time and that all will be well. Our next visit is on Wednesday the 9th, it is actually 3 appointments in one, my prenatal, non-stress test and Gracelyn's ultrasound. We are excited to see how she is doing, if there have been any changes to her heart and see just how big she has gotten. This should be our last chance to look at her little heart before we get to meet her. I will update on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment