Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Need your help...please

We are always being asked what people can do to help us. We really are doing great! The only response we have ever given is for prayers. Without a doubt, I know that is what has got Gracelyn to the point she is at with so little trouble. I know that is why her heart has begun to grow. In ten days she will go into her next heart surgery. I feel a bit helpless. Okay, very helpless. Recently I was reading another mom's blog, her son just received his surgery date for his fontan. What she wrote explains exactly how I feel. I hope she doesn't mind, but she said it perfectly, "We feel certain relief and extreme anxiety all rolled up into an eerie calm."

Those who know me know I'm always working on some kind of project. For my next project I've decided to make something for Gracelyn to take into surgery with her. Maybe it is to make me feel better more than it is for her right now, but I know she will appreciate it when she is old enough to understand.

I couldn't decided between a little material book or blanket, so I am going to do both. Everyone always tells me that they are praying for her, so I want to send her into surgery with a little prayer blanket. What I need from you is a heart drawn on a 3"x3" piece of material, any material, any scraps you have or maybe even one that represents you. For example, Mr. C chose Spiderman, Jeff did camo, pink camo, I am sure I will get something like the Cubs from Uncle Kurtis. I will be attaching the iron-on paper to it before it can be cut, so if you will just draw a heart, any way you want with-in the 3"x3" square I will cut it out. (Grandparents-do a 4.5"x4.5'" square)

If you will send two of the same material/heart I am going to attach one to the blanket and one in a book with your name by it. If you are sending for more than one person please label it(with a sticky note or something) with the correct name so I can add your name to the book.

I really appreciate your help. Perhaps it will make it a bit easier to hand her over to the doctors wrapped up in a blanket representing all the prayers that are being said for her. Hopefully this made sense if not call me or email me at gracelynsstory@gmail.com. I would like to have all of the hearts by Monday, May 31. Call me and I will come get the hearts or email me and I will send you our address. If you want a heart added for you, but don't have the time or material. Let me know I will add a heart in your name.

Thank you! We love and are grateful to you all!

5 comments:

  1. SUCH a cute idea! I will get hearts to you this week :) I made (well ok, i HAD made) a blanket for Libbi's first birthday, you'll have to go look at her blog and see it. I LOVE it, it means so much to me and it will to her one day too :) I think that is how we deal, i understand what you're doing and why :) Also, facebook is how we updated all our family and friends all through surgery, it's a great way to get to everyone. BUT make sure you post the updates as well so you can have them when you make a blog book! (I will show you how, it's way easy and SOOO worth it to have!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got mine all ready. I will bring them up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch for ours in the mail...coming to you from Indiana with LOVE and best wishes for an amazing recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We put ours in your mailbox on Sunday after we got done with church. Let us know if you didn't get it. I think you'll be able to distinguish which is from me, from Mackie, and from Jared. :) Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked in to see you had a surgery date. My stomach has butterflies in it for you. I know what that feels like. What a cute idea for the blanket. Keep us updated and we will be praying for her. I know that helped us get through some really tough days.

    Becca-Ellie's mom

    ReplyDelete