Friday, May 7, 2010

Lots of firsts...

We have had an exciting week with Gracelyn, we have been able to experience a lot of firsts. These things would probably seem so small to most, but are exciting for us after having kept her locked up in the house for so long. Last Sunday we were able to go to church as a WHOLE family, well at least Sacrament. Jeff and I have been taking turns going for the past four months. Yesterday we went up to the Park City Outlets shopping. We pushed her around in her stroller, only going into a few stores, but it felt nice to get her out.
After shopping we headed over to Dairy Keen in Heber City. This is the first time that we have taken Gracelyn into a restaurant with us. It wasn't until there that I became anxious. We never took her out of her car seat and washed up before touching her, but I still worry so much about her getting sick. She recently had her last synagis shot (the $1200 injection she gets every four weeks), so I know she is somewhat safe since that will be in her system for a few more weeks. It has been interesting to watch the little kids stare at her. Both at church and at the restaurant the little kids would stare and ask their parents what she had on her face. I've never been one to like attention, so it has been a little difficult having people stare at her the way they have.

On Wednesday my sister was able to get her to roll on to her back anytime that she would lay her on her belly. Sunday she finally went from her back to belly.
Monday we went for a hike up Ogden canyon. Gracelyn's first hike. I strapped her to me and away we went. She LOVED it! When we first put her in the carrier she wouldn't stop smiling. She was so happy. She talked to us the whole way and stayed awake the entire hike.

Last, but not least, Gracelyn finally laughed for her dad. Jeff was playing peak-a-boo with her and I must admit she giggled and giggled and giggled for her daddy. Have I mentioned she did laugh for me first? :) Lots of fun firsts this week and still lots to go with our sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment