Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nick Names...

They other day I was talking to my father-in-law on the phone. (He and my mother-in-law are serving an LDS mission in California. They left back in August, so obviously they haven't had the chance to meet Gracelyn. With them not being here they really only hear about our families through emails. Apparently when I write I only refer to Gracelyn as Gracelyn.) When I was talking to him he said, "How are Mr. C and Grac...," he stopped then said, "Wait, it's GRACELYN right? You only call her Gracelyn..." I told him no and that she has all sorts of names. He said, "Good because I want to call her Gracee!" I thought it was really cute, but it made me think others must think the same thing. I just really love the name Gracelyn. While we were at the hospital the nurses made a cute sign and put her name on her bed, people would always comment on her name. The other day a neighbor told me it was the cutest little girl name he had ever heard. However, we all actually have different names for her:

Daddy calls her Little Girl
Mommy calls her Miss Grace
Cole calls her little sist
Grandma calls her Grace
Grandpa calls her Gracee
Aunt Tara has given her the name Gracee Lou
Aunt Val addressed her the other day as Beautiful
Dr. Rose calls her his asprin girl or one of his blue babies
PCMC's automated call: Gra-cell-in

No comments:

Post a Comment