Monday, March 22, 2010

Gracelyn's blessing

Yesterday our beautiful little girl was blessed in our home by her dad. She looked beautiful! I could hardly look at her without crying. My mom made her a beautiful dress! I couldn't find anything that I really liked and my mom would like to make all of her grandchildren's blessing clothes, so together we came up with this:I love it! It is exactly what I wanted.

When I asked my doctor if I could take her out of the house to be blessed at church he said, "Yes, you can bless her at church, but by the time it will be okay to take her there she will be able to walk up by herself." I took that as a no and we planned a time to bless her at home. Here she is with all of the men that will be the most important in her life as she grows up.I am so grateful for each one of these men and for the priesthood they honor. I am grateful they could be part of such of special day for her. We were able to Skype Jeff's parents who are serving an LDS mission in California. They were able to watch and listen to the whole blessing. We were lucky enough to have our siblings and their spouses in our home, along with my parents and Jeff's grandparents. It was wonderful to sit among all the people that mean to most to us in our lives and have them all in our home at the same time. I love and am thankful for them all. I am thankful for their understanding of what a difficult and strange time this is for us right now. Often it is only one of us visiting with Mr. C as the other stays at home or sits in the car with Gracelyn. At times things we do may seem strange or overboard, but we are only doing as the doctors have instructed, as they know best.We are just doing what we need to do to keep Gracelyn alive and healthy. I believe any parent in our situation would do the same. Jeff gave her a wonderful blessing. I am so very grateful to have him as a husband and as a dad to our beautiful children. I am grateful that he honors his priesthood and is there to give us blessings when we are in need. Over the course of the last several months Jeff has given the most beautiful amazing blessings. I love him very much!I want to thank all who were there and made it so nice. It was especially nice for my family. It was the first time in nearly 10 months that my whole family has been together. It was a beautiful day for us!

3 comments:

  1. what a NEAT experience for your family. The dress is gorgeous and she looks soo cute and grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo happy you found us! And even happier you received the gift! What a small world. I am laughing so hard at the 'taking her to church to be blessed' comment by Dr. Rose. That is so him! I can just hear him saying that! We also blessed Libbi in our home and actually i think we are spoiled to be able to do that! It was soo neat! I loved it! I'm glad your little girl is doing well. She is so dang cute. I would LOVE to get together sometime, either just you and I, or we can get the hubbys too and go out to dinner or something. Of course leaving the babes home with grandma :) I bet i know the neighborhood you live in, just by looking at pictures! We are in Uintah, just north of South Weber so not far away at all. Thank you for finding us, i love to meet other heart families, it really helps out a TON in our situations i think!
    Take care and keep in touch
    Mindi
    Libbi's mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is gorgeous! I'm glad you got to have such a neat experience.

    ReplyDelete