Friday, April 17, 2015

November's Cardiology Appointment




Every six months Gracelyn has a cardiology appointment at Primary Children's Hospital. In November we had the appointment that we have been dreading the most for the last five years. They told us that it "was time." It was time to have, what I claim as the worst F word in my vocabulary, the Fontan. This is the final part of her series of three surgeries. I have feared it the most. I have fought it the most. I have believed it would never have to happen, but her Doctor tells us it's time. When we talked in November, the doctor suggested April as a good time. She has to have quite some time to recover and he wants her to be able to have a good summer and be ready for Kindergarten. We aren't excited about this, but the doctors believe it's what she needs and tell us that post-Fontan, she will feel GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment