Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Delivering Care Packages to PCMC

The morning of December 23 we had the opportunity help deliver the care packages that were assembled on Gracelyn's birthday for the heart patients at PCMC. This was the time that had been scheduled for us to bring them down. Coincidentally it was the anniversary of Gracelyn's first heart surgery. Even the exact time. It was very therapeutic to say the least. We were told we could just drop them off at the front door, but that didn't seem very fun. Jeff and I walked up to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (this is where the children are that have just had surgery) and told them what we had. They were ecstatic. They told us to bring them up. We took a bunch of them there and we were then directed to take them to the floor where the rest of the healing and sick heart patients were at. On this floor Jeff and I and the young man whose eagle project this was, had the chance to hand them directly to the families and introduce them to Gracelyn. She is a great testimony to these parents of the sick newborns of where there baby could be in a year. She looks so healthy and strong. The father of the last child we gave a basket to began to cry. Of course so did I. I knew where he was at and I know how bad it hurts. I left feeling even more grateful. More importantly we went to PCMC and left. :) I am so grateful my family and I had the chance to be a part of something so GREAT! Thank you again Brian! We will never forget this!
After we finished delivering the packages we had lunch in the cafeteria. It just seemed fitting. This time we brought Gracelyn with us. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! We need to come up with something WONDERFUL for next year, we should work on it together! It really made last christmas that much more special! I'm sad i did nothing this year. Start brain storming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat. What a special project...thanks for letting us be a part of it. It is amazing to think of where you were a year ago and to see how far Grace has come.

    "Believe in Miracles" She is a miracle and so so cute! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete