Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SLEEP! Wonderful Sleep!

We decided that it was finally time to move Gracelyn to her own room. I'd been waiting to find a breathing mat when my doctor teased me saying we didn't need one because her problems weren't with her breathing. Ha Ha. Real funny. He made me feel better when he told us that the
recommended age to sleep them in their own room had been moved to nine months. Good. That meant we were right on schedule. :)

On the 12th Jeff lowered her crib and decided it was time. She never even used it on the top level. :) It was a miracle in my world. She slept SIX HOURS!! Between being off of her propranolol, being on her comfortable crib mattress instead of the piece of card board she had laid on in the pack and play, not having everyone else around to wake her up she managed to get some good sleep. It has only gotten better since then. She has slept up to 9.5 hours. At times she will wake up and my wonderful husband has taken charge. Since we have a freezer full of milk he is getting up an feeding her if she is hungry. Usually that is only at six in the morning. She has even been going to bed at 8:30 every night. Were does that leave me? SLEEPING in my bed. Finally! Unless you have had a child that doesn't sleep you can't understand, but it is huge to me. I feel like I can function again. I'm SO happy to be sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the sleep thing. I am so glad to hear she is doing so good. That pic is so cute of her in her crib. She is so pink too. Hope good things continue for ya.

    ReplyDelete