Tuesday, February 9, 2010

22 Ounces in 5.5 days!!

I haven't written in awhile, not too much has happened at our house. Just a lot of trying to lose weight for some and a lot of trying to gain weight for others. At least one of us has been successful! A week ago when Gracelyn weighed in she was up 6 ounces. Her doctor has set a goal of 1 ounce a day, we almost made it. He was pleased and told us to continue with her current diet. I was happy with that, it meant no more pumping for another week. We started noticing last week that Gracelyn was starting to get a little chubby in the face...okay a little chubby doesn't really describe it...it was more like a lot chubby. Big CHUBBY cheeks and a DOUBLE chin! I decided to weigh her a day and a half early. She was up 22 ounces in 5.5 days! I called my doctor right away and asked if we should take her off of the high calorie formula. After he laughed, he agreed. We no longer have to feed her bottles. YEAH! I had someone at church tell me she was an over achiever. :) She is progressing in ways that doctors questioned she ever could. The second week we were at Primary's I was told that I wouldn't ever be able to nurse her. Now, only five weeks later, she is fed only through nursing.

Gracelyn has managed to stay healthy. It has required doing lots of extra laundry (we change clothes every time anyone leaves the house), lots of washing hands, not leaving the house much, not seeing very many people, no one other than us and grandparents holding her, but it's worth it. It is worth it to have her healthy and growing strong!

We really are amazed at how well she is doing. I am so pleased with her progress and have so much hope for what the futures holds for her. We pray every day that things continue in a positive direction. She is such a miracle and such a beautiful baby!I want so much to be able to share her with the world. There is just something amazing about holding a new born baby. We are so lucky to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment