Friday, April 8, 2011

Gracelyn's echo and Fetal echo appointment...

On March 8 we had our two-for-one appointment at Primary's. Gracelyn had her 4 month check up and we had an echo done on the new baby. I always hated my fetal echos with Gracelyn. They are so uncomfortable. Laying on your back for at least an hour with some one pushing at every angle of your belly isn't pleasant. This time was at least an hour and a half. The baby wouldn't cooperate at all. ( I think this is why the picture looks like I want to scream, "Get me out of here.") Gracelyn wasn't exactly easy either. We were told that it was sedated, but when we got there they said it was just a limited echo and that they wouldn't need to sedate her. She didn't want to be there in the first place and starving her didn't help the situation. She cried the entire time. Great news is that Gracelyn's echo was good. She is sating low and we were told to monitor her for a few weeks. I'm not sure what we will do if she continues to stay low, but we were told to contact our cardiologists. The fetal echo also looked GREAT! It was such a relief to hear. We were told we could still have defects like holes in the heart (although it didn't look that way), but nothing compared to what we have been through with Grace. All the valves were working and the size was perfect. We are so excited for our new little one! I can't believe my BABY will be a big sister. Weird!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so good to hear, glad things are looking so good for your baby!

    ReplyDelete