Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Big Surprise/Good News

First-Our Big and Surprise (especially for us) News. We haven't really talked about this much. It has taken awhile to accept and digest. After a few ultra sounds I even questioned it, but I'm ready to spit it out. Actually I'm a little fat around the mid-section and it can't be hid anymore. In about four months Jeff and I are expecting Baby #3. I am due on June 27th, my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! I know it is true that Heavenly Father knows the true desires of our heart. Jeff and I didn't have the courage to even talk about having more kids, let alone having one. However, both of us wanted more. The chances of having another heart baby are double what they odds of Gracelyn even having her defect were. The percentage is small, but it is still very scary to us. Gracelyn was only 9 months old and 4 months out of surgery when I found out I was pregnant. On her first birthday we shared the news with our families that she would be a big sister. Even though it was a surprise and is very scary, we are SO excited. It will make Grace and the new baby about 18 months apart. At this point I'm not sure if I am more scared about another heart baby, two kids 18 months apart, possibly two heart babies 18 months apart or three kids under the age of four. What I do know is that, for whatever reason, this baby is supposed to be coming to our family at this time. We aren't finding out what the baby is. We want it to be a surprise. Tuesday we had an appointment with the perinatologist at McKay Dee. We were send there because they deal with high risk pregnancies and they wanted a good look at the heart. Below are a few pictures of our little one. On to our Good news: This little picture below is beautiful!! It is a picture of the heart. It shows four symmetrical chambers, functioning valves, a beautiful developed pulmonary artery and blood flowing in the right direction. It gives us a lot of hope. The heart is still the size of a finger nail, it's tiny. However, it was at this point the could see something wrong with Grace. The ultra sound doesn't show it all, but it's a good start. What we do know is that this little ones had ten good fingers :) We saw lots of pictures of them. It kept it's head buried, but waved to us often. We are so excited to share this news. We are confident all will be well. On March 22, Gracelyn has a cardiology appointment to have and echo done. We pray this will be our only "2 for 1" cardiology appointment, as we are having a fetal echo done the same day. We are so grateful for all the prayers that have been said on behalf of our family. We ask for continued prayers on behalf of our new one.

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!!! how EXCITING!!! we too have the same thoughts/fears you guys have had but know that everything will be ok. :) either way. :) i am SO EXCITED for you guys!! congrats!! :D and we will keep you and your new little one in our prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! My girls are sixteen months apart. It's been fun I tell ya. I'm so glad that the heart looks good. We did a two for one appt. When we had Claire and got good news all around. Hope the same happens to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Andee!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be good news i know it!! :) I'm so happy for you, it'll be fun for Grace to have a baby sibling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an exciting time, I'm so glad everything looks well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Andee! I am so excited for you and so excited that everything looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats exciting. =) Congrats to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Gracelyn
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a brave courageous fighter and an inspiration. U will be in my thoughts.
    I was born with a rare life threatening bone disease.
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete