Monday, October 18, 2010

Heart Walk

On September 11, my family and my parents drove to Provo for the annual Intermountain Healing Hearts Heart Walk. I must admit I am getting more comfortable with these gatherings. The IHH arranged for a 1 mile walk to bring awareness to Congenital Heart Disease. They had around 700 people participate! What a great turnout! As hard as it is to be a part of this group of people it was great to walk among them. Their courage and strength is overwhelming. It is a group of amazing and strong people who I look up to.Before the walk started they began a silent auction. I wanted to be able to give back something for all that we have been given, so we decided to donate a new product I have fallen in love with. I filled it full of pictures and stated that it was donated in celebration of Gracelyn- CHD survivor. We were able to get $75 from it. * Side note: Jeff and I are now selling these. Our website will be completed soon. You will be able to purchase them there. If you are interested in them now, just send me an email. We have a couple different sizes and colors.After the walk we were able to take a picture with most of those that participated. First just the CHD survivors and then the whole group.
Then they held an angel ceremony. It was a little hard to sit through. Families had the chance to release butterflies on behalf of those they had lost to CHD. During the ceremony one of the butterflies flew to my mom and landed on her shoulder. It stayed there for a good half hour.Once again I am very grateful to the IHH committee for all they do on our behalf. I am also grateful to my parents for going with us and being a part of something that means so much to us. I love you both! I couldn't make it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment