Monday, April 12, 2010

A very special paper about Gracelyn...

We have 14 grandchildren on Jeff's side of the family. The oldest just turned seven and Gracelyn is the youngest. None of them have really had the chance to see Gracelyn. However, one of my nieces has always had an interest in how Gracelyn is doing and what is going on with her. Since she has been so concerned and interested, Jeff and I decided that we needed to let her meet Gracelyn. One night after she had been home for a few weeks we got in the car and drove to her house just so she could come out to our car and meet her. Even though she is only seven it has meant a lot to me that, although she never sees Gracelyn, she hasn't forgotten her. This week she dropped off a paper that she wrote for school. I managed to keep it in while she was at our house, but got quite teary eyed once she left. I love what she wrote and I love how Gracelyn is all bundled up in the picture with a bow in her hair, just like she always is. It really meant a lot to us and I have put it in Gracelyn's book so that she will have it forever and so she can see how loved and cared for she is. Thanks so much Ms. C! We love you lots!

2 comments:

  1. That is simply adorable :)
    Mindi
    Libbi's mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she is beautiful! Really and seriously i am not surprised she is making the progress....She has been in our thoughts and prayers... Thank you for updating us... We'll continue to keep her and your family in our prayers. Hang in there !

    ReplyDelete