Friday, September 25, 2009

Goodbye Machel and a Congratualtions Paul!

Tuesday was a sad day for me. I had an appt. with Machel and apparently I won't be seeing her anymore. I will be going to a Perinatologist at McKay to keep track of Grace and I until after she is delivered. I will be seeing Dr. Andres who is said to be one of the best. He travels back and forth from the U and McKay from what I understand. We will be going to see him on Tuesday, September 15 and will learn more then. I am so sad that Machel won't be taking care of us anymore, but there is a good chance that Dr. Andres will be the doctor who will deliver her and it will be great to know him before hand. I don't think we will be getting so see many ultrasounds anymore that show much more than her heart. So, here is one of the last looks at her before she comes. I love these profile pictures. She is so happy and content now, she has no idea that she is sick and has a heart that isn't quite perfect.

On a VERY exciting note, Paul Cardall, who is a local Utah musician, finally received his heart transplant after being on the waiting list for nearly 400 days. A few months back we attended a benefit concert for him in Salt Lake. Who knew that this would become a little more personal than it was then. He also was born with CHD, including what Gracelyn has, along with other problems. He has recently become very ill and has made Primary's his permanent home. I've been so worried to see on the news or his blog (http://mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com/) that he had passed away. I was SO happy today to get a call from my mom that his heart finally came and that he is doing so well. It is hard to be so happy for him knowing that this happiness for his family came at another's family expense, but what greater gift and sacrifice. I pray God will bless both of these families.

No comments:

Post a Comment